Monday, March 5, 2012

Random Thoughts

To those who didn't know me as a child/teen. I grew up on a 90 acre farm out in the middle of nowhere in Carroll County Maryland. Our nearest neighbors were miles away. If I wanted to play with one of the neighbor kids I got on my 4 wheeler and drove it to their house. Yes, I drove the 4 wheeler on the road. That's what you did in the country. Well at least that's what we did until a city cop moved into one the houses alone the main road. He was a complete city cop ass and would pull us over and threaten to put us and our parents in jail. During my years on the farm we had cows, pigs, goats and horses on the property. I am in NO way a city girl.

Anyway, after I married my husband we rented a small farm house in Manchester, MD until we found our current house. Current house sits on 1 acre at the end of a cul de sac in a sub division. I always thought it would be cool to live some place where you could call and have pizza delivered. Having grown up on a farm in the middle of no where. There was no such thing as pizza delivery. We've been living here in this our first house for almost 13 yrs. In the beginning I loved it here. Being close to town and just a hop, skip and a jump away from grocery shopping and Walmart. But as time has gone on I have grown to miss the country life. I miss the privacy, the quietness, but yet the sound of all the country critters. I loved growing up on a farm. Exploring the grounds. Playing in the creeks. Making 4 wheeler trails. I desperately want my daughters to experience country living. I want to be able to sit on my deck and see the beautiful colors of fall each year. Hell I might even start drinking coffee again just so I can sit on the deck and drink it with my husband while we chat during a sunset.

I know there will be an adjustment period once we move to TN. Just during the last couple months trying to gather information from different areas down there I can tell that the people are much more laid back. When you request information from someone you should not expect to get it in a timely matter. Their idea of getting right back to you is in 2-3 weeks not 2-3 days. This is perfect for my husband Dan who is a very laid back person. He will right in PERFECT there right from the get go. Me a very high strung person....I will need to learn to adjust. Maybe I will learn to be laid back also and stop freaking out about shit all the time.

Looks like we will be taking a trip to TN the first week of April. I am super SUPER excited about this for several reasons. First because my husbands job has him completely stressed out and he really REALLY needs a break. Second because we will get to spend some time together as a family. Third because we are planning on seeing a LOT of the country side while out there. We plan to drive through the east end stopping to check out different counties and then drive through to middle TN. We will be checking out a LOT of counties while on our trip. This means a ton of driving. I hope the dogs & girls are up for it. I plan to document the whole trip. Going to be looking for an inexpensive camcorder before we go. So stay tuned for updates, pics and video.

No comments:

Post a Comment