Monday, January 30, 2012

Friendships

I've learned so much about friendships this past year. Some friendship will change and grow along side of you. Others will not.
Sometimes when you change yourself so much you realize you have nothing in common with certain friends anymore. There is no dislike or anger towards that person. You just find yourself wanting to do other things besides hang out with them. Maybe you choose to exercise instead of shopping with them. You might find yourself avoiding that person because they have habits that you don't like. For example, if your trying to live a healthier life you might not want to be around someone who smokes cigarettes. Maybe your trying to quit smoking and being around that person provides temptation that you can't handle, or maybe your trying to lose weight and that person likes to go out to eat and you would rather eat at home. Maybe that person likes to shop a lot and you just don't have the money to shop and window shopping is depressing. Whatever the case maybe. Sometimes we change and we out grow friendships. It's part of life.

Sometimes your best friends are the ones you see the least. Sometimes the greatest friends are the ones you've never met in person.

True friendship isn't about how many times you get together and have lunch. It's about how often someone is there to offer support to you. I have some amazing friends online. These people have taught me what true friendship is. Maybe one day I'll be able to apply some of these to in person friendships. One of the things I am most excited about with moving is the opportunity to make new friends. Friends that do not know the old me. They will only ever know the new healthy fitness freak me. It would be great to have a in person friend who is as in to exercise as I am. Someone who wants to workout with me. We could push each other to go a little harder. Maybe I'll find that in TN. But even if I don't, I know I always have my online friends. Many of which are into fitness also.

4 comments:

  1. Love this article Charity! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Charity! I am so proud of you and what you have acomplished. I am proud to say that I have known you since 7th grade. Even though we didn't see each other for nearly 18 years it is like things never changed. Glad that at the very least that we can stay connect online. *hugs and love to you* Before you leave we do need to get together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean - I treasure your friendship much more then you know;)

      Delete