Thursday, January 19, 2012

What do I eat?

Lots of people ask me what I eat now that I am vegan. Some days I'm feeling a little frisky so I give a smart ass answer like fruits, veggies & grains. But I know what they are really asking is how do I prepare the fruits, veggies & grains. First let me confess, I am a LAZY cook. It has to be super easy & quick. Nothing complicated or I just don't want to do it. Preferably 10 ingredients or less because again I am LAZY. I don't really enjoy cooking. So if your looking for some amazing vegan recipes you will be sad because I have none. BUT I have a friend who is an amazing vegan cook. You can visit her blog at https://unlikelyveganfamily.wordpress.com/
I start every day pretty much the same way. Oatmeal with chia seeds, banana, 2 dates and some cinnamon. Glass of unsweetened original almond milk. I eat roughly every two-three hours. Many of my snacks are green smoothies or juices. Smoothies are yummy and it is a great way for me to get in spinach and avocado every day. Green juice is great because I am able to consume juices from produce that I normally would not eat alone. For example kale, lemons, grapefruits, parsley and celery. I have a great green juice recipe that taste good and gets lots of micro nutrients from the produce used.
I make homemade soups for lunch a lot or quinoa with red peppers and black beans. Actually I eat a lot of beans because I like them and they are filling. Hummus is great as a sandwich spread. I don't really consume a lot of bread. But I do like the sprouted grain English muffins by Ezekiel. Let's see what else do I eat a lot of? Salads, baked sweet potato's. Occasionally tempeh (not a huge fan)

Seriously people I do not get fancy with my meals at all. Let's remember this IS only day 18 of being a vegan. I am sure as this journey continues I will learn to cook more stuff and get fancier.

So there ya have it. My lazy eating habits. Not very exciting right? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment